Sunday 30 March 2008

Liquorice addiction

The locals have a bit of a thing for Liquorice. It seems all confectionery is laced with the stuff. Now don't get me wrong, I don't mind liquorice. My favorite sweet as a kid was a Sherbet fountain, you know, the ones with that long stick of Liquorice in it which was hollow so that if you tried to suck the sherbet up through it, you ended up breathing it in and choking half to death.

So you could say I was Liquorice tolerant, and all things being as they are, that would be it. But it isn't, they have invented Liquorice with salt on. Not only that, you can get spicy 'hot' liquorice, with salt on.

It just ain't right, they taste like Fishermens Friends, its the kind of thing you should take for medicinal purposes.

The salt thing in particular is pretty weired. A guy at work bought in a big mix bag of sweets the other day and told us all to dig in. Due to the salted Liquorice in the bag, all the other sweets tasted of salt. What made this worse was after digging in to the bag I rubbed my eye, I thought I was going to go blind!

This stuff is obviously very bad and I can't work out how everyone got addicted to the stuff. Kids should 'Just Say No'.


P.S. The favorite alcoholic shot around here is called Topas, I'll let you guess the flavour.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry mate, I'll courier you some Skittles or something.

Stuart said...

I bought a bag of mini eggs the other day and that cost me about a fiver !

And as for Chewits, well forget it.