Saturday 29 March 2008

On the Beach

I went for a walk along the beach today, Gorgeous weather. Wind was a bit fresh though, so I had to wear my bennie hat.


This is one of the Coast guard vessel's towing in a crippled Trawler. I found out that the trawler had got is nets entangled in its own propeller last night. The coast guard went to assist and threw them a line.
I watched them approach, then they faffed about outside the harbour for a bit until what looked like a Pilot boat turned up. Then all three vessels entered the harbour together. You couldn't really call it a dramatic rescue, but it was pretty cool to watch.


We have not had any snow for a couple of weeks now and with the temperature today being +10 degs with a warm sun I was quite surprised to find some Ice on the Beach. You don't get that in Brighton.

Sheep farms on the coast.

Those buildings in the distance to the left of picture is where the Icelandic President Lives.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Blimey. No wonder you wanted a new yukka plant. Must be the only greenery on the island.