Saturday 10 May 2008

Park it like you stole it


I have seen many cars that are abandoned at the side of the road or dumped in shopping mall car parks around Reykjavik. It took me a while to realise that these abandonments where genuine attempts to park cars.

Its quite regular to see one car parked across two parking spaces or a car parked with one wheel mounting the curb. I don't think its because the puffin eaters are bad at driving I just think that a lot of them can't be arsed with the technical aspects of parking. There seems little attempt to straighten up a car in a parking space, they tend to just get out and walk away.

The other reason is that nobody ever says anything. If people get pissed off when out driving they don't tend to show it. I will take my camera out with me over the next few days, shouldn't take long to build up a nice portfolio of comedy parking pictures to show you all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's going on - no blogs although there is so much to blog about...! Would think that blogging about Eurovision would be a very good choice...

Anonymous said...

Dear Stuart,



Hope you are well. I just came across your blog. Great stuff! I am writing to you because my partner and I are launching a website that will be populated with cross-cultural information about every country in the world. We will be looking to the web community to help do this with all the information being available for free. I was wondering if you and/or members from your community may be able to help us out with the Iceland pages. We would love your input. Let me know if you would be open to this and I'll send along a brief questionnaire. Please also feel free to check out the website, become a member (it's free!) and add to the guide.





Here is a link to the site: http://www.culturecrossing.net/





Thank you for your time!





Best,



Michael Landers
Director - Culture Crossing
Email: michael@culturecrossing.net
www.culturecrossing.net