Tuesday 29 April 2008

The Mountaineer

I have never climbed a mountain before. Growing up in the Thames Valley never really provided me with many opportunities. well, all that changed on Sunday because just outside of town there is Asfjall,which is reportedly the smallest mountain in Iceland.

As part of my works latest 'get off you backside and do some exercise' campaign, I decided that it would be a good way to earn points for my team by attempting to climb this mountain.

This is Asfjall, as you can see its not that formidable. I will have to check the term 'Mountain' as I am pretty sure Egham hill is on par with one.


I managed to get to the top without the use of bottled oxygen, however the view was pretty good from up there.



At the top was this brass plate, I'm not sure how high a mountain has to be to be a mountain but 127 meters doesn't sound that high.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi hi
So you are moving around and climping in Iclean cool. I like the photos and to get to know more how people from abrout "alians" see Iceland. When you put the Icelandic names like that, I can see it better they do sound bad in english. I hope you are home next time Alex and I come.
Take care
Thorunn